Ah, Christmas approaches. There are trees to purchase, gifts to buy, and license plate renewals for both my husband and I.
Nothing makes a person feel more poor than the Christmas season.
So, to cheer you up, I am going to share one of my favorite low-cost meals. It may even be a slight bit healthy for you. (That part was an accident, I promise.)
I can’t remember where I found this recipe. I used to make it years ago when I was an unmarried gal living in my tiny apartment all by myself with a car payment that wasn’t officially included in my budget.
A touch of salsa spices up filling (but usually bland) potatoes.
(makes 2 burritos, fills up one average-sized female)
Tortillas (whatever size you like, flour or wheat or what-whatever you prefer)
Salsa (I like Tostitos Mild myself, found in the chip aisle)
Medium Potato (russet, white, yellow-they all work)
1. Dice the potato in small but uniform pieces.
2. Fry using vegetable oil, salt & pepper to taste. They will be done in 10-15 min, or when they begin to get brown and crispy.
3. Heat two tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds til easily foldable.
4. Divide up the diced potatoes evenly between the shells. Top with salsa. Fold & consume.
* Potatoes can be purchased individually, or a 5lb bag of them can last for several weeks. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for weeks as well.
Follow the romantic entanglements of The Riley Sisters in my books:
The Wind Could Blow a Bug – AVAILABLE NOW!
When You Least Expect It – NEW RELEASE!
Be Careful What You Wish For – COMING JANUARY 2016!