Two of the most important people in the personal development of my life were the TV characters of Punky Brewster and Chandler Bing. What have they taught me?
– Always be colorful.
– Ponytails improve your outlook on life.
– Speak up.
– Have spunk.
– When you feel trapped, plan your escape.
– A dog is a girl’s best friend.
– Growing older doesn’t mean you have to grow up.
– When life takes away a parent, find your own replacement.
– Home is where the dog is.
– Dance like everyone is watching.
– Be yourself.
– March to the beat of your own drummer.
– If you can’t beat them, make them laugh.
– Being “the funny one” is a compliment.
– Embrace your inner geek.
– Being vulnerable can be more endearing than being strong.
– Surround yourself with good Friends.
– When life gives you a transvestite father, cast Kathleen Turner in the role.
– Dance like you don’t care if anyone is watching.
I’m Chandler. Could I BE anymore charmingly self-depreciating?
For more blogs on Punky Brewster, click below.
I’m not stalking you. is NOW ON FACEBOOK! “Like” that I’m not stalking you and get an update when there is a new post to read. (It is sort of like YOU are stalking ME.)