I know. You are probably asking why I am still putting songs onto CDs. Because:
1. My car is from 2003 and doesn’t have a mp3 plug-in. (And I like to listen to music in my car.)
2. There is a great station close by called 89X that plays great alternative music, but causes interference with wireless mp3 transmitters.
3. My iPod is one of the tiny ones with no screen, so I can’t really create “playlists” for it like you can on fancier models.
4. Sometimes I just want to listen to the same 17 songs over and over again.
And I would still be putting songs onto cassette tapes, if that was at all feasible anymore.
There are songs on here from 1994 to 2013. All freshly purchased from iTunes this year. (The ones from 1994 and 1998 I wanted to purchase back then on CD, but I was a poor college student. I figured I would wait until someday when I had more money. I still don’t have any more money, but I think I have waited long enough. I think 19 years is long enough for delayed gratification.)
There are songs from different genres. From Pop to Alternative to Dance to Rap to Christian. (If a Taylor Swift song had made it on this CD, I would have country as well.) I am sure Avril LaVigne wouldn’t want to be on a CD with Selena Gomez. I am sure Macklemore probably has no idea who Evan Taubenfeld is. I’m sure tobyMac never thought he would be on a CD with Courtney Love. Anna Kendrick never expected to hear herself on the radio, period. And I’m sure Courtney Love doesn’t want to be on a CD with ANY of these people.
Some of this potpourri can be blamed on the local radio station that I listen to for local news. They play music, but have no real format. (This coming from a girl who has a B.A. in Radio…and TV.) Also, I am exposed to some of the current pop songs while working at my job at the mall. Hear (or see) something enough times, you begin to like it.
With no further ado, here is what I a listening to now:
Divergent Summer 2013
1. Here’s to Never Growing Up – Avril Lavigne [Pop] 2013
2. Cups (Pitch Perfect’s “When I’m Gone”) – Anna Kendrick [Pop] 2013
3. Steal My Show – tobyMac [Christian] 2012
4. Come & Get It – Selena Gomez [Pop] 2013
5. Never Gonna Happen – Colette Carr [Pop] 2013
6. Like I Got a Gun (feat. YG) – Colette Carr [Pop] 2013
7. Best Years Of Our Lives (ft. Avril Lavigne) – Evan T [Pop] 2011
8. Pumpkin Pie – Evan Taubenfeld [Pop] 2009
9. Boy Meets Girl – Evan Taubenfeld [Pop] 2009
10. The Story of Me And You – Evan Taubenfeld [Pop] 2009
11. F16 – Colette Carr [Pop] 2013
12. I Love Kev Nish – Colette Carr [Pop] 2013
13. (We Do It) Primo – Colette Carr [Pop] 2013
14. Can’t Touch This (feat. E-40) – Colette Carr [Pop] 2013
15. Jimmy Iovine (feat. Ab-Soul) – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis [Hip Hop/Rap] 2012
16. And We Danced (feat. Ziggy Stardust) – Macklemore [Hip Hop/Rap] 2009
17. Celebrity Skin – Hole [Rock] 1998
18. Awful – Hole [Rock] 1998
19. Boys on the Radio – Hole [Rock] 1998
20. Miss World – Hole [Alternative] 1994
21. Asking for It – Hole [Alternative] 1994